This law prohibits employers from retaliating against an employee who is a family member of an employee who has or is perceived to have engaged in protected conduct or made a protected complaint (such as whistleblowing). Additionally, the law excludes certain entities, such as certain household goods carriers, from the imposition of joint liability on client employers for all workers supplied by a labor contractor (AB 1509).
- Paid Sick Leave If You Work in Santa Monica – Know Your Rights
- California Paid Sick Leave Law Amended – Know Your Rights!!!
- California Minimum Wage Goes Up to $10 on January 1st
- New Gender Wage Inequality Laws in California – Strongest in the Nation
- Summary of New California Laws for 2016 All Employees Should Know