A female attorney from New Mexico has filed a lawsuit alleging that she was paid significantly less than her male peer. The woman has filed her lawsuit against the 2nd Judicial Court alleging that her male counterpart was paid thousands of dollars more for the same work. The lawsuit further alleges that the plaintiff was retaliated against when she complained about the pay discrepancy. Also named as defendants in the lawsuit are the court’s executive, the state and Attorney General Hector Balderas. The lawsuit cites a violation of the Fair Pay for Women Act and the Whistleblower Protection Act. Scott Sandin, Albuquerque Journal 11/23/2015 Read Article: Albuquerque Journal
- Paid Sick Leave If You Work in Santa Monica – Know Your Rights
- California Paid Sick Leave Law Amended – Know Your Rights!!!
- California Minimum Wage Goes Up to $10 on January 1st
- New Gender Wage Inequality Laws in California – Strongest in the Nation
- Summary of New California Laws for 2016 All Employees Should Know