This law provides additional circumstances under which employees may take school activities leave. California school activities leave now includes the addressing of a child care provider emergency, a school emergency, finding, enrolling, and reenrolling a child in a school or with a child care provider. The pool of eligible employees is expanded to include employees who are stepparents, foster parents or stand in loco parentis to a child. The law also requires employers to permit employees to use sick leave for the purposes specified in the Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 and prohibits an employer from denying or retaliating against such employee for using sick leave for such purposes (SB 579).
- Paid Sick Leave If You Work in Santa Monica – Know Your Rights
- California Paid Sick Leave Law Amended – Know Your Rights!!!
- California Minimum Wage Goes Up to $10 on January 1st
- New Gender Wage Inequality Laws in California – Strongest in the Nation
- Summary of New California Laws for 2016 All Employees Should Know